Did you know a Culligan Water Softener can generally pay for itself in savings?
- According to the University of New Mexico, softened water can reduce hot water heating costs nearly 30%.
- The Battelle Institute revealed that soap usage can be cut by up to 75%!
- Plumbing and Fixtures will be free of hard water build-up.
- Clothes won’t fade or lose color as quickly.
- Towels will stay fuller and fluffier.
- Appliances will last longer.
A Culligan Water Softener can pay for itself by preventing these problems…
Spots on Glasses
Limescale and Hardness on Shower Head
Soap Scum on Bathtubs and Showers
Advantages of Soft Water for Your Budget…
- A study by the Batelle Institute revealed a water softener reduces soap usage up to 75%! Having soft water saves you money. When your water is soft, you use much less soap and fewer cleaning products.
- Your plumbing will last longer. Hard water can cause a build up of scale from mineral deposits. Over time, pipes can clog, water flow can diminish, and water pressure can be reduced. This doesn’t happen with soft water. Soft water is low in mineral content and therefore doesn’t leave deposits in the pipes.
- Your hot water heater will last longer. Scale and lime build-up created by minerals will not take place if your water is soft. This adds life to your hot water heater. Also, if you don’t have deposits in your hot water heater, it will cost less to heat the water that your family does use (studies conducted at the University of New Mexico indicate this number to be between 21.7% and 29.6%). At the end of a year, these savings can really add up.
- Diminished razor burn: Soft water causes the razor to glide more easily across the face. This, in turn, causes your razor blades to last longer.
- Water-using appliances will last longer. Whether it’s your dishwasher, coffee pot, your humidifier, or your hot tub, soft water inhibits a build-up of minerals and adds life to these products.
Advantages of Soft Water for You and Your children…
- No more soap build-up on your skin. Skin stays softer and healthier when its natural oils are allowed to remain and aren’t covered by a mineral build-up.
- Gentler soap can be used to cleanse the skin. This is especially important with women and young children. Their skin is usually more delicate and sensitive to the irritants that are found in many soaps and cleaning products. Remember, with soft water, a little soap or shampoo goes a very long way.
- Hair is softer and easier to manage when there isn’t a build-up of minerals coating it. This means it’s easier to brush and de-tangle.
- Your skin is softer when you bathe with soft water. You will leave your bath or shower feeling refreshed with your skin feeling truly clean. Also, rough, dry skin will naturally diminish.
- If you color your hair, it will keep its radiance longer if it is washed in softened water.
Advantages of Soft Water around your home…
- Your clothes last longer and remain brighter longer if they are washed in soft water. The reason is that normal water leaves mineral particles in the weave of most fabrics. This causes them to look dull and dingy.
- Your washing machine will last longer, too, because it won’t be subject to a build-up of minerals and deposits.
- Rings and stains won’t darken your bathroom fixtures.
- Glasses and dishes won’t streak.
- Save time because scrubbing floors and tile will be easier and faster because you won’t have the film and soap scum that hard water creates. Actually, all cleaning, from toilets to bathtubs to dishes and floors will take less time and effort.
What makes Culligan my best choice?
The Culligan HE Water Softener has been a Worlds most efficient since 2004
Culligan HE Series Water Softener
Worlds most efficient Softener
Sure we might be a bit biased, but these third-party awards let you know you’re getting the BEST WATER SOFTENER on the market.
More importantly, every Culligan Water softener comes with a Culligan Man so whether you need service, salt delivery, or help moving your softener from your old home to your new home, we’ll be here to help. We live and work in your community and we’re here to stay.
After all, what good is our top of the line Limited Lifetime Warranty if there’s not going to be someone here in another 20 years to honor it?
But don’t take our word for it, here’s what Paul in Raleigh thinks…
At my Culligan Rep Joey’s request, I present to you my honest opinion of the Culligan 10×40 Aquasential Select water conditioning system I had installed in my home in Raleigh (The Gates at Ethan’s Glen).Having never previously dealt with well water, I was unfamiliar with hard water conditions. The effects of the hardness was immediately evident upon moving into our new home. White calcium deposits began to develop around all water outlets, especially hot water outlets. The shower glass, tiles and heads were all littered with a white crusty residue that was difficult to clean. The same material began to collect at every faucet in the house. Worse yet the dishwasher never really operated properly before the system was installed. Dishes simply were not clean and there was an unacceptable film over everything. I can’t explain to this day why that occurred, but I was truly ready to replace the brand new dishwasher thinking it was faulty. It was almost an immediate improvement in the performance of the dish washer when the system was installed. All evidence of the white crusty calcium residue also disappeared. I can only imagine the additional life my hot water heater will realize due to the same conditions. Clothing seemed clean but I seriously wonder what may have been on them following the clothing washing process?I also had a 20″ Big Blue 20 Micron carbon filter installed for additional protection. With well water and semi-annual flushes of the neighborhood water supply, I felt this system would catch any harmful materials that would be present. Between my two systems and the filter in the refrigerator itself, I see no need to purchase bottled water as our water tastes great.I received an initial supply of solar salt for the system, of course. I decided that I would purchase solar salt from Home Depot or Lowes to save the few bucks over Culligan’s available salt supply program. Mistake. Not only could I not easily find the recommended $6 per bag store bought “solar” salt but for $8.65 per bag it is delivered right to my crawl space. Well worth participating in that program.Like everything in life there is usually a down side. It is only fair to point out what that is with regard to this system. I do not like the feeling of not being able to rinse soap off my body. Hands at the sink and body in the shower…it is the same thing. It is the unfortunate side effect of protecting the water systems in your home. Culligan doesn’t deny it because it is simply a fact of life with this system.
Paul was even gracious enough to provide his phone number for anyone who would like to speak with him directly. Simply contact us and we’ll put you in touch with Paul.
How hard is your water?
The most important question to ask yourself is, “What’s in my water?” Water varies from one community to the next and the only way to know what’s in your water is to test it. As your “Culligan Man”, I am your local water expert and will be glad to test your water at no charge.This is the first step. Test your water. To get your water tested at no charge simply fill in the form in the upper right. A friendly Culligan representative will contact you and find a time convenient for you to test your water at your home.Culligan Water of the Triangle